Thursday, May 25, 2006

Vacation to Chicago: Day 1

Day One: Albuquerque to Denver
On the way to Denver, we decided, impromptu, to stop at the US Olympic Center in Colorado Springs. It had been about 22 years since I had been there for a Junior Olympics Judo tournament. Things had really changed... a lot. We took a great little tour, saw the synchronized swimmers practicing, and heard about a rising shotgun star (I'm sad to say that I heretofore had no idea shotgun was an Olympic sport). Everyone really enjoyed this little excursion, and we had dinner afterward in downtown Colorado Springs at Old Chicago. That seemed like an appropriate way to start off our trip to Chi Town!


 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Randy Wagner said...

Hey john, its Randy Wagner from judo, I’d like to catch up with you but I don’t know how to get in touch with you I don’t mess with this google email much , but you can email me at ; randywagner139@yahoo.com, hope to here from you !!