Friday, April 01, 2011

SANS Community Albuquerque: Come learn current hacker techniques!

I keep having this conversation with former students: "Hey John, remember that thing we talked about in class? It's just like what was in the news the other day!"

Exactly.

The SANS Hacker Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling class (SEC 504) has one goal: Teach defenders how attackers are breaking into systems and how to defend against those attacks.

I am pleased to announce that I will be teaching SEC 504 at SANS Community Albuquerque April 25-30. We'll cover the material written by the visionary Ed Skoudis and his co-authors. We'll also discuss current news and what's going on behind the scenes. And, we'll end the week with a rockin' cool Capture the Flag contest to test your new and existing skillz.

Come join me! I guarantee a fun and informative week. :-)

No comments: