Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ubiquity

At first I was stunned at just how much I liked my iPod Touch. I just wanted a replacement for my 5th gen iPod, that stopped working when it mysteriously acquired a dent in its formerly pristine stainless steel back.

It didn't take long for it to turn into my most indispensible tool. Place to eat? UrbanSpoon. Reservation? OpenTable. And the list goes on: calculators, converters, levels, action games, puzzles, wikipedia apps, ebook readers, and even a way to read books from my Safari account.

If the kid is bored... a bit of Shrek. Long flight?A pithy podcast is the trick. Can't sleep? Ambient noise generator FTW!

In short, this little glass and steel box has become utterly indispensible.

This post, of course... composed, in bed, one thumb at a time.

1 comment:

toasty said...

just wait till they release it on the Touch...